Thursday, August 6, 2015

#burritos #thunderthighs

Oops! Forgot about my blog again.. I've been swamped at work and there is a lot I want to blog about! I think I am going to blog in reverse order.. First, let's talk about what's on my mind today. (Next post I'll tell you about my badass weekend. And maybe I'll have finally gotten the photos from my friends)

So here's what on my mind today:

Burritos! 

(Cat not included)










Actually, nothing involving a cat; the picture is just cute.

I really want another tattoo. I am craving another tattoo. I want a burrito tattoo! 

Now don't start gasping and asking if I am getting a Taco Bell tattoo (my coworker already asked) -- because I am not. I am getting a burrito because I like burritos.

I have gained weight in the last few years and, even though I still love my body, I am a little more ashamed of it than I would like to be.

I've got thunder thighs and the stretch marks to prove it.

I have started wearing longer and longer shorts over my swim suits and avoiding my tummy at all costs.

I started going to the gym a few months ago, but I didn't do it to lose weight! I started just because I want to be healthier. I like my body and am generally pretty happy with it. I like my curves, I like my butt... just maybe not the stretch marks and flubby tummy, but whatever.

So I want to do something to remind myself of why I started and to not stress about my weight. As long as I am happy with how I look, I shouldn't be ashamed. I've never really been concerned about weight - only about how I look. I care about how I fit into my favorite jeans (which fit great, by the way), and how button-up blouses look on me.

I like food.

I LOVE FOOD

And I want to remind myself that it is okay to enjoy it! I love burritos, I love pizza (my initial idea of the tattoo), I like cake! So, I want to get a burrito with scroll across it that says, "Enjoy Yourself" to remind me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment